Essential Skills for Effective Nonprofit Board Service:
A Workshop Aimed at Executive Directors, Board Chairs and Board Members.
This workshop will cover:
- Why serving on a board is a valuable type of public service, and how nonprofits can craft a good experience for board members and solicit new members successfully
- Board member responsibilities and expectations: strategies for fostering board member accountability, especially in regard to fiduciary, due diligence and fundraising responsibilities
- How to find the right balance between the respective roles and responsibilities of board members and the executive director
- Challenging board situations and how to address them
- Developing the board member skills necessary for a high performance board culture. How can the board chair and executive director provide support?
About the presenter
Daniel Seitz is a leader in guiding nonprofits, professional associations and higher education institutions in meeting needs, anticipating change and shaping the future direction of their organizations. Dan has helped nonprofits—including an international service organization, a community television station, an educational organization that promotes peace, an institute of psychology, and numerous complementary and alternative healthcare schools and associations—to reorganize, redefine and reinvigorate to better deliver valuable programs and services.