12 Jun WE ALL NEED BOARD MEMBERS!
WE ALL NEED BOARD MEMBERS!
In December 2018, the NPC surveyed nonprofits on the need for board members (we received 62 responses). These results have encouraged us to move forward with board trainings in 2019 in partnership with OLLI and 1Berkshire’s Berkshire Leadership Program. Trainings include “speed dating” opportunities for nonprofits to meet with board prospects!
- 98% of you said you need new board members
- Over 80% need between 1 and 3 board members
- The top 3 skills/traits desired: Fundraising (69%), connections, financial means
- How urgent is the need for board members on a scale of 1-10? Most answered between 7 and 10 with the average coming in close to 7
- Board Makeup: most of you have diverse boards in terms of age, gender, skill set, and active vs. advisory. 50% of you said your boards were passionate
- 86% would be interested in a speed-dating event to meet potential board members
We listened when you told us you need new board members!
The next opportunity to meet some fresh talent is Thursday, June 20th at Zion Lutheran Church of Pittsfield. Join us from 5:30 – 7:30 for Speed Dating with members of 1Berkshire, Berkshire Young Professionals and graduates of the Berkshire Leadership Program.