- Nominee must work or volunteer for a registered Berkshire County 501(c)(3).
- Nominees must show evidence of the strength of their work across a broad range of criteria including: strategic thinking, thoughtful execution, support of the culture, growth and strength of the organization, supportive of the population the nonprofit serves, commitment to the community, embodies the mission and vision of the organization. Nominations should provide evidence of significant achievements at his/her organization.
- A person may be nominated in only one category.
- Nominations will be accepted for individuals only; any nomination form used to co-nominate will not be accepted.
Deadline for submissions is March 17, 2023 at 5 p.m.
Nominations are accepted in 7 categories. Click the category title to access the nomination forms.
- Executive Leadership Award
This award honors a nonprofit staff leader (CEO, Executive Director or member of the Executive Team) whose strategic vision, passion, innovation, perseverance, and integrity has led to a strong record of extraordinary organizational results.
- Board Leadership Award
Given to a current or former member of the nonprofit’s board of directors who demonstrates commitment to prudent use of all assets, provides oversight for activities that advance effectiveness and sustainability, ensures compliance with applicable laws and ethical practices, and who serves on committees or task forces and offers to take on special assignments.
- Rock Star Award
This award is given to nonprofit staff member whose work has had significant impact on an organization. Recognized by peers for exhibiting a can-do attitude, demonstrating a high level of commitment and responsibility, and going above and beyond the job description.
- Volunteer Award
Awarded to an individual who has a record of activities that have made a long-lasting and meaningful difference in the lives of people or communities. This award honors the volunteer who has shown outstanding dedication to a nonprofit or multiple nonprofit organizations whose programs serve the Berkshire County community. Active volunteerism can be ongoing or linked to a single project or cause.
- Unsung Hero Award
This award honors the contribution of a nonprofit staff or volunteer member in any area of an organization whose good work has not been publicly recognized in the Berkshire community.
- Lifetime Achievement Award
This award honors an individual who has dedicated his or her life to being a leader and role model. His or her influence has made an enduring and profound difference in his/her community and the lives of those around him/her. Recipients of this award strive toward the highest level of personal and professional accomplishment, excel in their chosen field, devote time and energy to their community in a meaningful way, and forge paths of leadership for others to follow.
- Samya Rose Stumo Youth Leadership Award
This award acknowledges an individual aged 16-24 who has contributed meaningfully to the Berkshire Nonprofit sector either through volunteer or paid work. This individual has demonstrated passion and dedication to one or more causes and/or organizations, made a difference in the lives of people in our community, and achieved outstanding accomplishments early in life. Nominations should be accompanied by at least one letter of recommendation. Note: Awardee will receive a $250 mini-grant to use to further the mission(s) they care about most.